Michael J. Khouri
Michael Khouri has been practicing law in California and across the United States for the last 30 years. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable in defending all types of healthcare fraud matters including federal and state healthcare fraud criminal charges and Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance audits. Mike has represented providers in over 500 Medicare Fraud cases and tried in court more than 100 cases - many before a jury.
Mike has been rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell for over 25 years. Mike has represented all types of healthcare providers including doctors, nurses, podiatrists, DME companies, dentists, clinical laboratories, psychologists, compounding, retail, and home infusion pharmacies, social workers, physical, speech, occupational and behavioral therapists, addiction and rehabilitation facilities, home health care agencies, and countless other providers.
He has been a national speaker on a variety of healthcare law topics at events across the United States. He is known throughout the country for his integrity and firm resolve to help his clients get the best possible resolution to their criminal matters. Mike does not waste time and has a straight forward down to earth style. In 2013, The Los Angeles Times recognized Mike as one of the "Best Lawyers in Southern California" in acknowledgement of his professional accomplishments as a lawyer.
Over the last three decades, Mike has developed an expertise representing healthcare providers in medical billing fraud, narcotics, and sexual assault criminal cases. He has also developed a expertise in defending Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance audits. He is skilled at negotiating with government and private insurance investigators. He understands the medical billing process and medical billing terminology. You will not be wasting valuable time explaining how things work because Mike has been working with the Medical Billing process for decades. Mike knows how and when to push back on government investigators.
Mike is a member of the State Bars of Texas and California. He is a member of the bar of the United States Supreme Court and the Federal Courts of Appeal for the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Ninth Circuits where he has argued numerous times in healthcare fraud cases.
Khouri Law Firm’s healthcare fraud defense expertise is sought out across the country. In addition to California and Texas, Mike has represented clients in Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Virginia, Texas, Louisiana, Nevada, Arizona, New York, Delaware, Florida, Washington, Oregon, Oklahoma, Montana,Colorado,Tennessee, and more.
- Loyola Marymount University, 1978
- Loyola Law School of Los Angeles., 1981
- National claims counsel to Physicians Compliance Liability Insurance Company
- Indigent defense panel in the U.S. District Court-Northern District of Texas
- California State Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- Bars of U.S. District Courts Southern, Central, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Western, Eastern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Colombia
- On various occasions, Mr. Khouri has been admitted to practice in the federal courts of Washington, Ohio, Arizona, & Nevada.
An interview with Michael Khouri on the Business and Technology Report featuring "America's Best Lawyers" as presented on the Forbes Business Channel produced by Sky Radio Network.
Mr. Khouri has lectured before the state podiatric associations of Washington, California, Ohio, Michigan and New York on Medicare issues.
- Prevented indictment of prominent physician caught up in alleged fraudulent charity.
- Obtained probation for prominent software engineer who caused death of cyclist while driving.
- Saved license of chiropractor accused by multiple patients of sexual assault.
- Saved prominent orthopedic group hundreds of thousands of dollars by advising how to structure adjunct physical therapy practice to comply with auditors demands.
- Obtained dismissal of Indictment for prominent podiatrist by discovering and exposing fraudulent billing company.
- Apex Energetics Corp.
- Chemique Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Costa Mesa Compounding Pharmacy
- NCMIC Insurance Co.
- Podiatry Insurance Co. of America
- Professional Solutions Ins. Co.
- Physicians Compliance Liability Ins. Co. and countless individual healthcare providers and other professionals consisting of Medical Doctors
- DME Companies
- Real Estate Salespersons and Brokers and Accountants